Wednesday, October 14, 2009

LAKESIDE SCENE



1.
Take me to a lakeside scene,
To dream of childhood happiness,
In playgrounds of purity
Filled with enfolding friendships of perfect trust,
Where clear eternal waters shine.

2.
Give me space in which to live,
Peacefully bringing good news to light,
In classrooms of integrity
Where biblical brainwaves synchronise,
With kindred minds that feast on holy wisdom.

3.
Position me in a family tree,
Secured from evil threats to my nest,
In theatres of dignity,
Among ancient personalities laid to rest,
In a large tree, with a high nest, in an awkward place to be.


4.
Ground me in the fertile soil of hope,
To bring forth spiritual fruit in time,
As receptive roots reverentially absorb essential healing virtues,
From minerals of meekness legally entitled,

To their rightful place on earth.

5.
Centralise me in the spherical expectations
Of polarities produced from infinity,
Where for theological reasons of predestined design,
Wavelength tensions build in strength
And disperse their manifest content.

6.
Humanise me in the equilibrious realities of cataclysmic compromise,

And modify me skilfully in maturity and growth,
To metamorphose with lowliness of heart,
Emerging from times of trial and tribulation,
As a conqueror of evil, a modest and merciful judge.

7.
Complete me in the perfect love of Christ.

8.
Resurrect me to eternal life.

9.
Finalise me as a saint.

10.
Command me to fulfill my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment