Friday, April 2, 2010

DEFLECTION

Holiness was mine and sinless perfection always my intention,
Wisdom and knowledge were well within my reach,
Integrity and discernment accompanied my every move,
And I knew the purity of compassionate love.

Excellence in attitude crowned my behaviour,
Truth and justice were firmly adhered to,
Mercy and kindness had their home in me,
And I made many sacrifices to benefit others.

Honours and tributes were bestowed on me,
Reverence was given, homage was paid,
Respect was shown, admiration made known,
And I was held in high esteem.

They were in such awe of me that their worship became idolatry,
My greatness was refined and magnified,
The tales of my achievements were embroidered and multiplied,
And now because of this deflection I must surely oppose them.

29-03-10

Quote:

"The hilltop, the cool air of the night, the company of the great monuments, the sight of the city under his feet, with its hills and valleys and crossing files of lamps, drew him by all he had of the poetic, and he turned that way; and by that quite innocent deflection, ripened the crop of his venial errors for the sickle of destiny."

Tales and Fantasies by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Scriptural Inspiration:
Jeremiah 23:32.

Zechariah 11:17.

1 Corinthians 10:1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

2 Corinthians 6:14, 15, 16, 17, 18.

Revelation 21:8.

Revelation 22:15.



No comments:

Post a Comment